Ugh, that was annoying. I needed to modify this line to also look for parens:
var re = new RegExp("^[a-zA-Z\.\'\,\-]*$", "g");
So I added it to the end, like so:
var re = new RegExp("^[a-zA-Z\.\'\,\-\(\)]*$", "g");
Let me add that I had already modified the server sie validation written in C# which looked almost the same, with no problem. But when I ran the page, the js choked and I got this error in the Error Console of my FF web dev toolbar (because I haven't tried Firebug yet...I know, what is wrong with me?)
"invalid range in character class"
What was this odd error? As far as I can tell, js does not like it if the last character before the ] in my RegExp expression is either ( or ). I moved them elsewhere, several elsewheres, just to see, and the error went away.
Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment