Monday, August 10, 2009

mutliple IEs - a follow up

Frustrated by the fact that I still was not getting the standalone ie6 to work following the article I mentioned in this post, I did more digging and eventually unearthed this: http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/iecollection.htm Why was this so hard to find? Beats me. But I have installed it and so far it seems to be working. Right now I have IE8 as my 'real' browser and standalones of the rest. Note that the instructions caution you not to have IE as your default browser. As if!!!

It will install 2 different IE6s (actually it will install what you select, from like IE1 on, although IE1 wasn't compatible with my OD nor did I want it.) Turns out that one is the IE6 from XPSP1 and the other is SP2. If I had realized ahead of time I'm not sure I would have bothered with the first one.

2 comments:

JK said...

Layla,

I just downloaded and set this up. It appears to be working well. Thank you for the follow up :)

Layla said...

good to hear it! boo ya!